Latitude Yoga’s RYT200 training is for those of you seeking something more than just a physical experience. For some, it is a deepening of your personal practice; for others, it is learning tools to share your practice more broadly with the community through teaching. Whatever your intention, our teacher training program will provide you with amazing experiences to grow and transform and connect more fully with yourself and with others.
Latitude’s Teacher Training Program was created by Rich Girven and Alissa Rodgers and designed to incorporate the New Yoga Alliance RYS200 Teaching Standards for 200 Hour courses. It will be taught by Rich, Alissa, and a group of other experienced teachers who are passionate about offering an empowering, effective and efficient approach to helping you gain a solid understanding of the yoga tradition and cultivate the inner teacher that already exists inside you.
The course, spread out over six weekends starting in January 2021, will include the following:
Techniques, Training and Practice
• Asana (poses) – Delve into the basic yoga postures, learn how to cue poses and movement and explore how asanas and movement between them are connected to personal health and well-being.
• Pranayama (life energy) – Explore the power of the breath, the controlling of vital force, the connection of breath to body, breath to movement and breath to the calming of the mind and spirit.
• Subtle Body – Learn to harness the energy of the physical body and find balance with the wisdom, intellect and mental energy.
• Meditation – Begin to study the contemplative practice of meditation, quieting, focusing and transforming the mind. Meditation cultivates self-awareness and provides the optimum conditions for practicing the skill of mindfulness.
Anatomy and Physiology
• Anatomy – Gain a fundamental understanding of bones and muscles as they are used in yoga postures, so that you can begin to develop a deeper practice that addresses weaknesses, imbalances and strengths.
• Physiology - Yoga physiology refers to the way in which the body is described and understood in yogic philosophy and teachings. Learn how It may also be used to describe the application of modern science and anatomy to the understanding of the effects on the body of yoga practice.
• Biomechanics – Explore how human bodies behave and adapt to various internal and external forces. Discover adaptive approaches to reduce or redirect strain on various body parts in order to achieve desired postures.
• History of Yoga – Learn the origin and evolution of yoga as we know it from before the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali were written to the present day. Delve into the differences between what yogis of ancient times were seeking and what is entirely possible through the consistent practice of modern-day yoga in its many forms.
• Philosophy -Explore the deeper meaning and connections that exist in the philosophy and teachings of the yoga sages. Use this knowledge to learn how to live a deeply satisfying life, happy, peaceful and fulfilled.
• Ethics -Discuss the qualities and behaviors that make an ethical teacher and put ethics into practice in your yoga and your life.
• Teaching Methodologies – Explore teaching methods, verbal cues, body positioning and demonstrations, teacher assists, and the power of authenticity in teaching.
• Professional Development – Begin to understand the paths open to you as a yoga professional, how to improve your teaching and practice over time, how to build a focused program of personal growth and become the best version of yourself possible.
• Practicum – Practice what you have learned in a feedback rich environment, learning from the constructive comments of others and improving your ability to teach and practice yoga.
• Focus on You – Working with Rich and the other teachers, develop a personal focus for your training program designed to complement your strengths and supplement your weaknesses. Latitude will then enable opportunities for you to spend time focusing where you need it most.
Latitude’s RYT200 program will unfold over five weekends starting in January 2021. Put 2020 behind you for good as you set upon a path towards deep connection, focus and meaning. Training will generally take place from 4PM to 9PM on Fridays and 8AM to 7PM on Saturdays and Sundays of each weekend. Dates of training: January 8-10, February 5-7, March 5-7, April 30 - May 2, May 14-16
From the date of your initial deposit through the duration of your Yoga Teacher Training, you will receive a free studio membership.
Invest in Yourself : Early decision rate if you pay in full by October 31 - $2400.00
Pay in full by 30 November - $2700.00, After 1 December - $3000.00
To ask questions, explore options or register, reach out to Rich at or Erin at .
Please ask about our pay-over-time plans and options for financial assistance!